Essential Business Management
One day workshop
This workshop is specifically designed for people working with the Mayor, CEO, CFO, directors, council members, executive staff and senior managers. The unique role of EA/Ps in Local Government and their sphere of influence is a major workshop theme. The day provides an opportunity to explore workplace communication strategies and small group processes.
It is highly interactive, conducted with no more than twenty people, and draws on participant knowledge and experience in day-to-day work.
Session 1: Proactive Role in Local Government
- Manage outcomes through process and people
- Understand efficiency and effectiveness – What is important to the business? What do I offer? What is my focus?
Session 2: Workplace Communication Strategies – Be a Star
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Manage up – negotiate, influence outcomes
- Gate-keep – positive language, office politics
- Work with generational differences for the best outcome
Session 3: Meeting Leading and Participation
- Why have a meeting?
- Logistics role and ground rules
- Working with the agenda
- Guide the minutes, manage the time
- Managing challenging behaviour
Session 4: Focus on Your Style
- Be a brand ambassador
- Create, develop and maintain effective partnerships
- Intrapersonal – Am I focused and engaged?
Session 5: Action points to take to work and share
9am to 5pm
- Registration from: 8.30am
- Start: 9.00am
- Morning Tea: 10.30 – 10.45am
- Lunch: 12.30 – 1.15pm
- Afternoon Tea: 3.00 – 3.15pm
- Finish: 5.00pm